Date Posted: August 9, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 310032
Risk Management Consultant
If you are an experienced insurance professional with extensive knowledge in large commercial risks you might want to check out this opportunity. We are looking for a Risk Management Consultant with high energy, motivation and great analytical and customer service skills to be a part of an exceptional team in the Fresno area. The Risk Management Consultant’s primary responsibility will be to offer consultative services to member agencies, their management, sales and support staff in the evaluation of risks, review of insurance programs, coverage analysis and claims support on various large commercial and/or hard to place risks.
We are looking for someone with broad knowledge of the commercial insurance industry and it is preferred that the Risk Management Consultant has experience working for several years with one or more sides of the industry; with a wholesaler, carrier, agency, etc.
- Work directly with member agencies and staff to review and analyze large commercial accounts for proper coverage
- Research industry trends and stats to understand and recommend the most appropriate coverage
- Identify and analyze critical issues to help recommend and implement solutions
- Analyze insureds’ loss history and claims and gather information about the client’s business practices and procedures
- Prepare risk assessment reports with recommendations
- Assist in the marketing and delivery of risk control services to clients and prospects
- Foster relationships with carrier representatives and attend carrier product meetings
- Dissect commercial policies and review for accuracy and effectiveness
- Produce reports based on findings and propose adjustments as needed
- Participate in client presentations and client and member meetings
- Occasional travel to member agencies for meetings
- Assist Executive team with internal projects as needed as well as other departments of the company as needed
Required Knowledge & Skills
- 5+ years’ experience in Risk Management and/or Loss Control position for workers’ compensation through employment with a carrier or as a Risk Manager/Loss Control Representative or Consultant for a business operation
- Thorough understanding of various business operations and risk exposures
- Experience with audit of commercial risks, premium and policies
- Must be an insurance professional dedicated to the highest standard of conduct and professionalism
- Team player with a positive attitude and willing to help find solutions for positive outcomes
- Ability to get acquainted with 3rd party software or websites such as carrier rating portals, reports software, agency management systems, etc. as needed for the position
- Excellent leadership, problem solving and planning skills required
- Knowledge of California workers’ compensation and commercial insurance regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present risk analysis for a group of people
- Ability to travel on occasion for member agency, client or carrier meetings
- Acceptable driving record and valid California Drivers’ license and valid personal auto insurance
Compensation & Benefits
- This position offers a competitive compensation that will vary based on candidate experience
- The company offers health benefits, paid time off, 401k with match and discretionary bonus opportunities
Why Insurance Relief™?
As a businessperson in the insurance industry, it is an advantage to partner with a staffing expert and ally who understands your unique skills and needs. With vast experience in the insurance arena, Insurance Relief™ works with brokers, carriers and third party administrators to locate and place the best people for positions ranging from entry level to senior management. We invest the time to truly understand what you want to accomplish, and then do our best to find meaningful opportunities.
Insurance Relief™ provides ample opportunities for you to put your skills to work so if this position is not quite the fit for you please give us a call to hear about all of the other opportunities we have available.
Contact us today! All Inquiries are kept confidential.