Top Job: AVP of Claims in Sacramento, CA
If you’re an experienced and savvy professional ready to make the step up to an AVP position, take a look at this top job: a client of ours in Sacramento needs an AVP of claims for a non-standard auto operation in California’s capital city, Sacramento.
In this position, the selected candidate will serve as an active partner within the company’s management team. You will have the opportunity to help shape and direct the company as it continues its growth trajectory.
The AVP will supervise and lead the operation. He or she will be the one in charge of planning, controlling, implementing and monitoring the company’s claims operations. If selected, you will set insurance claims policies based on appraisal, coverage and verifiable damage. It’s assumed you will continue to stay abreast – if not ahead of – any and all changes to legislation/regulation pertaining to auto insurance claims in California and the U.S. (as applicable).
You should have – at a minimum – at least eight years of proven experience as well as responsibility within the insurance sector. You must have at least a bachelor’s degree; an advanced graduate degree is preferable.
While we can’t tell you here what the compensation for this position might be, Indeed.com reported on September 16 that the average salary for an AVP of claims in Sacramento was $112,000.
Specific duties of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Developing and managing the operation of the company’s material/property damage claims operations, as well as casualty/bodily injury technical claims operations, procedures and claims performance strategies.
- The monitoring, analysis and improvement of claims performance in all areas, including LAE, loss control, customer satisfaction, and the engagement and development of your team members.
- You will, with the company’s executive leadership team, create claims goals, objectives and provide strategic planning. You also will engage in the planning and monitoring of budgets.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance also is a critical part of your job duties.
- And more.
You also should possess the following skills:
- A complete understanding of claims systems and reserving philosophies. You should possess an extensive knowledge of structural and organizational aspects of automobile claims handling, including (but definitely not limited to):
- Salvage and subrogation and other material damage claims handling.
- The handling of liability claims, including the investigation, evaluation and negotiation of liability claims.
- Comprehensive understanding of claim handling for bodily injuries, which must include litigation. You also should have good familiarity of SIU practices.
You must possess at least a bachelor’s degree as well as a California Adjusters License.
You must have at least eight years of experience in property/casualty field technical claims operations, including at least five years in claims management. You also should have experience in California; multi-state experience also is desired.
If you have the requisite degree, license and experience and if you’re ready to take your next step up within your insurance career, contact the recruiters at Insurance Relief™ today.