If you’re ready to join an established insurance agency that’s growing quickly within its sector, check out our top job for March: a senior employee health benefits account executive (in Group Health) is needed for a direct-hire opportunity in Los Angeles.
Your primary responsibility will be to work with clients as you assist a successful producer on growing a book of group health insurance. Ideally, you should work to be a service-oriented customer advocate.
We can’t tell you the salary range here, but Indeed.com reports that as of mid-March, employee health benefits account executives in Los Angeles received an average salary of $124,000. Your starting base salary and bonus structure will be based on your experience.
You must hold a Life and Health License and have extensive knowledge of group health benefits. You also should have seven or more years of experience with an insurance carrier or agency in a similar role.
You also should:
- Have knowledge of traditional as well as self-funded plans
- Be familiar with all facets of group health insurance services (from the application process on through policy analysis)
- Know HIPAA, COBRA and Medicare Part D
- Be exceptionally organized
- Have the ability to initiate and grow rapport with co-workers, customers and companies
- Have strong organizational, verbal, written, and presentation skills, as well as superior computer skills
- Possess the ability to handle multi-task projects, all the while prioritizing tasks
- Have extensive knowledge of various markets, rates, coverages and forms
- Be highly motivated, as well as result-driven
Your critical duties in this position include helping clients with open enrollments and presentations. You also will oversee marketing of groups to company carriers while negotiating with underwriters in order to realize the best coverages at the lowest effective cost.
You will need to understand where a client’s coverage is deficient and discuss with the client offerings that would include a full suite of benefits products as you also assist the client with service issues that might pop up. You also will delegate tasks and responsibilities to other benefit team members.
If you have the requisite licensing and experience in a group health environment and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, contact the recruiters at Insurance Relief™. We look forward to hearing from you.