Looking for great insurance jobs in Fresno? You’ve come to the right place!
A well-known insurance organization in the Fresno area is looking for a Benefits Compliance Consultant to act as a consultant for the agency’s client base. This position requires compliance expertise in all areas that affect employee benefit plans. The Compliance Consultant will be required to interact with and assess client needs regarding benefits compliance and assist clients in implementing solutions to remain compliant. The Compliance Consultant will work with the agency’s clients to explain compliance responsibilities in regards to ACA, ERISA, HIPPA, FMLA, COBRA and any other compliance issues that may arise.
- Ensure clients’ compliance of all benefit plans including all areas of ACA, ERISA, FMLA, HIPPA, COBRA etc.
- Conduct critical review of clients’ staff and operations to ensure compliance
- Work alongside Agents, attending client meetings and assisting with presentations on compliance
- Direct and ensure the maintenance of accurate benefits data, records and reports
- Develop effective client communications and ongoing education to improve client’s understanding of compliance
- Assist in management of clients’ annual benefit enrollment
- Develop and implement compliance training
- Build and maintain relationships with all clients
- Effectively lead a wide variety of professionals, regardless of experience level and expertise
- Stay abreast of the changing laws and regulations of all areas of compliance
- 5+ years of extensive knowledge in all areas of employee benefits compliance, including ACA, HIPAA, COBRA, ACA, FMLA and ERISA
- Thorough research skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Specialized training and/or certification in insurance and/or benefits compliance preferred
- Experience working in a consultative position
- Thorough understanding of State and Federal regulations relating to benefit plans
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in computer based skills; Intermediate for MS Outlook, Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, responsive and self-motivated